The Installation Operations Coordinator (IOC) is an organized and highly-detailed individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage and prioritize tasks in an efficient manner. The primary objective of the IOC is to provide organization and administrative support for the installation production team. The following tasks are considered primary responsibilities:
- Coordinate purchasing, staging, and delivery of materials
- Confirm that jobs are properly planned, staged, and ready to go
- Update crew schedules on daily basis and communicate changes to necessary parties
- Prepare and provide project packets with notes and plans to crew leaders and schedule orientations for crew leaders.
- Track crew hours and verify timesheets daily
- Verify crews are prepared for the job and monitor the morning dispatch routine.
- Coordinate with Design/Sales staff as needed
- Manage and Track Inventory on the yard
- Coordinate with Project Manager as needed.
- Provide support for safety training team.
- Assist with Customer Service and communication.
- Coordinate trucks and equipment used by install crews with facilities manager.
- Ensure accurate reporting of all installation activities to office administrator.
Expectations, Skills, & Experience:
This job is not defined by working a certain number of hours per week. It is defined by completing the work and doing so on time; however, it is anticipated that your work week hours will be in 45-55 range.
- A typical work week is Monday through Friday. Crews usually start at 7am and generally are finished by 5:30 pm, although this is dependent on job and travel time. Weekends may be required depending on many factors such as but not limited to weather, season, work load, or special request, however weekend work is rare.
- Candidate must learn all FGC techniques, philosophy, mission, core values, and methods and represent these with a positive attitude to crew members, other staff and customers at all times.
- Manage problems personally but carefully evaluate when additional helped is required. It will be important to understand when you have authority to act individually and when you need a second opinion. It will take time to learn and establish this line and we expect that it will change over time.
- Learn all FGC safety protocols and follow/enforce such with crews you are working with and those in other departments.
- Participate in companywide on-boarding process and review program.
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years field experience in landscaping or similar field. (Ex. Ag, Hort, Green, Construction Industry)
- Candidate must possess the proper people skills needed to communicate and lead a team of seasoned professionals.
- It will be necessary to be comfortable with existing technology platforms and be open to learning new technologies. This will include but not be limited to: Microsoft Excel, Word, Office, and PowerPoint, Apple mobile devices, Google Docs and Pages, Google Drive, and other internal software.
- If not currently possessed, we highly encourage learning basic Spanish to enhance communication abilities with the crews and/or management.
Compensation and Benefit Package:
- Salary range of $45,000 – $55,000. Starting pay will be based on experience. This position does not pay overtime.
- Vacation will be one week after six months, thereafter another week at the end of each successive six-month period.
- Holiday pay: Six paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Christmas Day.
- Medical Insurance: Will have the option to participate in the FGC health insurance program. FGC will pay half of the personal coverage. You may add family at an additional cost which will be paid for weekly before tax payroll deductions.
- Will have the option to participate in the company SIMPLE retirement plan. FGC will match contributions up to three percent.
- FGC will provide a smart phone, tablet and/or computer.
- FGC will provide a work vehicle for daily business use.
- FGC will provide uniforms.
- FGC will pay for job-related continuing education.